Search my Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Beef Bone Curry

I like to cook my curry simple, the way my mum does hers. Simple means keep the ingredients to minimum so that the taste of beef is not so affected by additional herbs & spices. Some other recipes call for galangal, lemongrass, kafir lime, etc which I skip because I don't like the 'complicated' taste. I received compliments from guests everytime I served this & some asking for the recipe so the reason for publishing this today.

Tonite dinner was accompanied with Dayak Bitter Vegetables mixed with young corn and fried with Belacan (shrimp paste). This vegetable is only available in Sarawak and not in the Peninsular (I'll snap a photo of fresh vegetable next time - forgot to do so just now).

Most appetising Sambal Quinin (kind of mango fruit but with a distict fragrant) ensured that the dinner tonite is the most enjoyable in the week.

Here is my Beef Bone Curry recipe :

By: Roz@HomeKreation 
INGREDIENTS:
1 kg Beef bone
7 Shallots*
4 cloves of Garlic*
2 inches Ginger* (*pounded/blended)
7 tbs Curry powder
½ cup Oil
1 Cinnamon Stick**
1 Star Anise**
3 Cardamon**
5 Cloves**
2-3 Potato - diced big size
2-3 Tomato - cut each to 4 parts
3 bowls of thick Coconut Milk (squeeze from fresh grated coconut). You can replace with instant coconut cream diluted with some water but the taste will not be the same
Salt to taste

METHOD:

1. Boil bone with sufficient amount of water until tender.
I used pressure pot to speed up the process. The stock will be more tasty when pressurised because you need very little water compared to conventional way of boiling.

2. Mix curry powder with enough water to form a thick paste.
Add in pounded ingredients* & mix well.

3. Heat up oil in a big pot & fry spices marked** & curry paste until fragrant. Add in a bit more water if necessary.
Add in boiled bone, diced potato, coconut milk, tomato & salt.
Boil until potato is tender.

4. Ready to serve with rice or roti....enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)