Search my Blog

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Sambal Tempoyak ala Perak ( Fermented Durian Perak Style )


Yesterday I sawKak Pah made Sambal Tempoyak and it reminded me that I have some fermented Durian in my fridge given by my mum quite a while ago. So, before the mood goes away I quickly cooked Sambal Tempoyak with my mum's original recipe. Big thumb up from hubby and sharing with all of you the recipe herewith.



By: Roz@HomeKreation
INGREDIENTS:
200-300 g Fresh Shrimps
1 bowl Tempoyak (fermented Durian)
15 Bird-eye Chillies
4-5 Shallots
1-2 Garlic
1 piece Turmeric leave - sliced thinly
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 lemongrass - smashed
½ bowl of thick Coconut cream
½ bowl of Petai seeds (optional - did not put in the above)

METHOD:
1. Pound chillies, shallots & garlic.
2. Place all ingredients in a saucepan & boil until thicken.
3. Serve with hot rice, cubed cucumber & deep fried fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)