Search my Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Pandan Coconut Cake


 This is a lovely cake with perfect combination of Pandan & Coconut aroma. My husband loves Bounty Chocolate bars so I thought this cake will suit his taste but surprisingly everyone in the house loves it too. I baked the cake for a charity event this morning so hubby & kids did not have enough, so will bake this again one day.

I was attracted to try this recipe when I saw it at Cek De Sam's blog. Original recipe is from Noraini. The recipe suggests for 9 inch square tin which I followed but I find that is too thin. I would suggest for 8 inch square tin instead.

INGREDIENTS:
270g Butter
230g Castor Sugar
5 Eggs
60ml Coconut Cream
1 tbsp Coconut Paste
240g Cake Flour*
½ tsp Baking Powder* (*sifted together)
30g Desicated Coconut

METHOD:
1. Preheat oven 180C and grease 8 inch square tin.

2. Beat butter & sugar until white & fluffy.
Add in egg one by one while beating.
Add in coconut cream & pandan paste.
Add in flour gradually followed by desicated coconut.
Sprinkle topping and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked.

3. To make topping (I skipped this step), beat 40g butter & 35g icing sugar & add 55g desicated coconut.


 

1 comment:

  1. Accidently I came across your blog what a wonderful food you create. Sedap dipandang pasti enak, TQ.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)