Search my Blog

Monday, January 5, 2009

Jintan Beef

This spicy beef dish cooked in a Malay traditional style is simply irresistable. Make sure beef is fresh to obtain delicious result.

Although I can very well cook this myself, I still feel that my mum's cooking is always a lot better. She knows that I like this dish, so this is a sure menu when I visit my kampung.

INGREDIENTS:
500g Beef - sliced to small pieces
few tbsp Cooking Oil
5-6 Shallots*
2 cloves Garlic*
1½" Ginger*
2 tbsp Black Pepper Corns*
2 tbsp Fennel seeds (Jintan Manis)* (* blended finely with some water)
½ cup Water
1 tbs Tamarind juice
1 Big Onion - sliced ring shape
2 Green Chillies - sliced thick
2 Tomato - cubed
Salt & MSG (optional)

METHOD:
1. Heat up oil & fry blended ingredients until fragrant.
Add in beef, water, salt & msg and pressure until beef is tender.
(If you do not have a pressure pot, add in extra water & boil until beef is tender & gravy is dried up).
Add in tamarind juice, onion rings, green chillies & tomato.
Stir for few minutes & dish up.

2. Serve with rice.

2 comments:

  1. Roz, nampak sedap macam daging yg makan dgn porridge kat kg baru. Nanti Farina try ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farina, oh ya ke. I never tried with porridge. Please try & let me see how you serve it with porridge.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)