Search my Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rolled Beef Lasagna


My two sons enjoyed my previous Spinach Lasagna so much that they requested me making Lasagna again. Although I enjoyed it as much as the kids did, the idea of repeating the same menu is always not so appealing to me especially it was just a week gap. I didn't want to disappoint them and hence I decided to try a different filling this time. I was attracted to this recipe shared by KakFida but found that it is much more tedious than the earlier recipe as I need to cook the skin piece by piece and also need to cook the beef filling. A bit frustrating that mine turned up a flat lasagna instead of rolls....! I guess because I used a lot of sauce (we like our lasagna wet) hence the rolls were all gummed up. See the link below on how it supposed to look like.

Source: translated from MR_KakFida (with compliment)
(Makes 13" x 9")
CREPES:
100g Mashed Potato
1 1/4 cup Plain Flour
300ml Fresh Milk
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Melted Butter / Oil

1. Place all ingredients in a blender & process until smooth.
2. Spread one scoop on hot griddle like making crepes.
3. Repeat until all better is use up.

BEEF FILLING:
500g Minced Meat
1 small can Mushroom (HomeKreation: my addition) 
1 Big Onions*
4 cloves Garlic* (* chopped) 
1 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Oregano
2 tsp Parseley
Salt
4 tbsp Red Sauce (see below) 
2 tbsp Flour

1. Heat up some olive oil & sautee garlic & onions until fragrant.
2. Add in sliced mushroom, meat & herbs.
3. Add in red sauce & flour to thicken.

BECHAMEL/WHITE SAUCE:
50g Butter
1/2 cup Flour
500ml Milk
125g Cheddar Cheese
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder

1. Melt butter & add in flour gradually until well mixed.
2. Gradually pour in milk & stir until smooth.
3. Season & add in cheese. Stir until melt.

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
1 portion of Red/Tomato Sauce (HomeKreation: see my own recipe here)
Mozarela & Parmesan Cheese

METHOD:
1. Butter baking dish & pour in a scoop of red sauce.
2. Take one piece of crepe & spread white sauce, red sauce & beef filling.
Roll and place in baking dish.
Repeat with the rest of the crepes.
3. Spread on top, remaining red sauce & white sauce.
Sprinkle with mozarella & parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)