Search my Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Healthy Natural Rock Salt

I'm trying to switch into a more healthy salt consumption and this is what I have chosen. What's written at the back of the packet attracts me:

"This Rock Salt  or known as Saindhav salt is mined from ancient salt deposits, formed over millions of years, found on the mountains of the Himalayas.  Shielded from impurities and pollutants, it is the purest salt known to man. It is naturally fortified with 84 trace minerals that give the brand its unique properties and flavour.

Himalayan Rock Salt, unlike sea salt, is naturally free flowing and lower in sodium content. It is a 100% vegetarian salt that is completely chemical free. Himalayan Salt is natural and selected with great care for your cooking delight."

I put one granule on my tongue and it does not taste stingingly salty like the typical sea salt i.e. I can stand its level of salty taste. However, to my surprise a small amount added to cooking has quite a strong effect on taste. So I decided to stick to this choice in the future although this will cost me multiple times more than the ordinary salt.

If anyone of you ever tried this salt or know more about it, please share with me.

2 comments:

  1. true true more salty...
    My dumplings this year turned out so salty, even when I stuck to the same measurements, but cos i changed to this salt, it turned too salty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,
    Yes, true more salty. However, I could feel that the taste somewhat different with this salt... I like...

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)