Search my Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Laksa Sarawak

I thought I've posted this recipe before but I couldn't find it. Either I forgot to post it or I have not been making this for a long time. This was our breakfast today and it is one of my hubby's favourite noodles. The Sarawak Laksa is not similar to any type of Laksa from Peninsular either from the look or taste wise. It has quite a distinct spice flavour but once you are used to it, it can be addictive....hehe.

I learned how to enjoy Laksa Sarawak from my friend S, when we were close together way back in 1998. I wish you all the best in your new life.

Source: HomeKreation
Serves: 6-8 persons
INGREDIENTS:
1 packet (300g) MeeHoon - soaked & blanched 
1/2 Chicken
1 small bowl of Shrimps/Prawns
6 Shallots - pounded 
1 packet (200g) Laksa Sarawak Paste
1/2 pot of Santan + Water (adjust thickness to your preference & enough to serve 6-8 persons) 
1 Maggee Chicken cube
Salt
Garnishes - Sambal Belacan, Shredded Chicken meat, blanched Bean Sprout, Omelet, Lime, Fried Onions

METHOD:
1. Boil Chicken with little bit salt until tender.
Lift out the chicken & shred the meat for garnishes.

2. Using the same water that boiled the chicken, boil prawns until cooked.
Lift out the prawns & shelled for garnishes.

3. Heat up some oil & fry the pounded shallots until brown.
Add in Laksa Sarawak paste.
Add in the chicken/prawn stock reserved after boiling the chicken/prawns just now.
Add in Santan & chicken cube.
Add salt to taste & boil.

4. To make Sambal Belacan for the Laksa, fry 1/2 cup dried chili & blend with grilled belacan (1" sq) & 1/2 tsp sugar. Add salt if necessary.

5. Serve meehoon with gravy & garnishes....
Enjoy such a delicious Laksa Sarawak...!

Below is the paste that I used:

3 comments:

  1. salam kak roz,blh tau x kt mana akk beli perencah laksa swak ni..?xdpt lg merasa yg sdp takat ni..huhu..-hanan-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hanan,
    Wsalam. Di Sarawak, khusus nya di Miri & Kuching perencah Hj Manan ni boleh di dapati di mana2 kedai runcit atau supermarket.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)