Search my Blog

Friday, June 25, 2010

Penne in Tomato Sauce

I am now doing two jobs, typing this and sewing an embroidery at the same time. So, I'm running between two places to my PC and sewing machine every minute. I'm trying to finish off my embroidery piece tonight for a gift before the weekend to ensure I will be able to hand in to my friend before she leaves.

Backed to Kitchen Corner, I've decided to skip rice tonite and the two teenage boys said "hooray" as they like pasta better than rice but I normally cook pasta only for breakfast or lunch. There was a packet of Penne sitting in my pantry few months already, a can of mushroom and a big can of tomato sauce left by Michelle last week. At the same time, my freezer is almost empty and I was totally ran out of fish. So it was just a perfect excuse to have pasta for dinner. Two thumbs up from each of my boys.... delicious...!!

Source: HomeKreation
Serves 6-8 persons
INGREDIENTS:
1 packet (500g) Penne - boiled until ala dente 
1 Chicken Breast - sliced into small pieces 
1 cup Shelled Shrimps/Prawns
5 cloves Garlic - chopped 
1/2 Big Onions - chopped 
Herbs - parsley, basil, mixed herbs
1 big Can Chopped Tomato
1 can Mushroom - sliced 
Salt & Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Slice & Parmesan Cheese

METHOD:
1. Heat up few tbsp of Olive Oil & saute garlic & big onions until translucent.
Add in chicken, prawn, pepper & herbs & stir until cooked.
Add in mushroom, tomato sauce & salt.
Let it boil.

2. Add in penne & stir until well mixed.
You can now either serve right away or place them in a casserole, top with cheese & grill 5 minutes until cheese melt & brown.

2 comments:

  1. salam along :)rajennyer along.blh la bt utk sy skali-hehehe :)penne tu sedap nampak!x pedaskan-nak sikit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deliah,
    Wsalam. Senang jer nak buat ni. Tak pedas sebab tak letak cili tapi letak black peper kasi spicy sikit. Sori lambat balas mesej, by now dah abis daaaah...hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)